Anyone who knows me, knows that I run hot! I’m serious, even in mid December I have a fan on me while I sleep.Pat calls me a human furnace because every time he touches me he feels like ice in comparison. It’s out of control! There is a reason we got married in late September: I didn’t want to be a sweaty bride! I don’t get the luxury of avoiding that when it comes to photographing weddings mid summer. This is when I knew I needed to learn some tricks for wedding days…and quick. That’s why I decided to share some wedding days tips for sweat proof makeup.
I have a love for all things makeup and beauty related. Really. My best friend Kelly and I will stand in Sephora for hours on end just swiping every color on our hands until it looks like we just finished a child’s art project! Thankfully, my time standing Sephora and also watching endless beauty tutorials on YouTube have taught me a few tricks to keep my makeup from sliding off my face. Of course my makeup doesn’t last 100% but these few things have made a drastic difference!
Tip and Tricks
- Use a mosturizer first. Moisturizer actually reduces the amount of oil your skin produces. If you’re a bride, avoid one with SPF as it will cause you to look shiny in flash photography. That goes for any product you use that day.
- Use a primer before your foundation. This will make your foundation stay in place longer.
- I always use a little bit of powder over my foundation as well. It reduces shine and holds your foundation in place.
- Before putting on eyeshadow, use an eyeshadow primer. This stuff changed my life! I have naturally oily eyelids and the primer stops my eyeshadow from disappearing quickly.
- I now use a waterproof liquid eyeliner. I’ve used pencils in the past but then end up looking in the mirror after a long day at a wedding and see it’s halfway across my face….not a good look!
- The final step is to use a few pumps of makeup setting spray and I’m golden!
Here are the products I use on a wedding day: