Believe it or not, weddings days are hectic! Shocking, I know! Sometimes it’s hard to get the time needed to get the photos that you envision without feeling super rushed. Here are 7 tips on getting the photos you want on your wedding day:
1. Plan for extra time getting ready. The number one reason weddings usually run late is the girls running over time on getting dressed. Talk to your hairdresser and makeup artist about how long it will take and plan for a bit of buffer time afterward. This will allow for more time to get photos of you getting into your dress and of just you freshly made up and waiting to get married.
2. Keep your getting ready space clean. Every time I walk into the space the girls are getting ready, it looks like an explosion of makeup, dresses and everything in between. Have your girls help keep the space clean; especially when you’re getting into your dress. You definitely don’t want hair spray, shoes and mountains of clothing surrounding you in your photos!
3. Have a first look. Yes, untraditional for some but if planned correctly, it will make the day go by much smoother and even calm your nerves. You’ll have extra time for the creative photos with you and your honey bunches. You can also get wedding party photos done and even family too if there’s enough time and everyone is there.
4. If you choose not to do a first look, time is limited after the ceremony. Cocktail hour lasts an hour but sometimes venue managers won’t even give you the full hour so they can get you inside for your introductions. Make sure your wedding party and family knows where to be after the ceremony and make them stay put. If they know the plan ahead of time, the easier it’ll be.
5. Depending on how the timing of your day goes, plan on being pulled for 5-10 minutes during your reception while the sun is setting. It’s the best time of day to have your pictures done! Make sure you tell your venue manager of your plans beforehand so they’re aware and can plan accordingly.
6. Trust your photographer! If you’re like me, you probably spent endless hours searching for the perfect photographer and you love their style. Relax and let them do their thing, they’ll have it all covered for you!
7. Have fun! At the end of the day, it’s your wedding and you just want to let loose and celebrate with everyone you love. If you’re having a good time and not stressing any little mishaps that happen through the day, it’ll show in all of your pictures. There’s nothing better than genuine happiness in photos!