Photo courtesy of my awesome cousin Dave. We had a camera training session with him so we got to be his models in the freezing cold.
I’m not going to lie, when I started to write this blog, I was focusing on all of the negatives from 2010. I read it, and reread it and promptly deleted it. Why? Because I don’t want to focus on the negatives when there is so many positive things going on for the both of us. This leads me to the question: what were our highlights of 2010?
- Travel: We were fortunate enough to fly to California on a whim, spend two weeks in the mountains of Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Tetons, traveled to NYC quite a few times and took many other day trips whenever the mood struck. I also took a weekend cruise to the Bahamas with my girl friends. I still can’t think about 2 for 1 martini’s without feeling somewhat sick.
- Photography: I picked up my “first” real camera on January 1, 2010 and I haven’t put it down since. Pat also upgraded his camera to the 5D MarkII in 2010 so he’s a happy camper, for now.
- Friends and Family: We had a great year with all of our friends and family. From weddings to summer cookouts filled with non-stop laughter, it was a perfect year. I couldn’t ask for better and especially, more hilarious people in my life.
- Business: If you asked us in January if we would be starting a business together, we would have laughed at you. Now, I know how to write up a contract and track business expenses. Who’da thunk?
- Love: I think all of these experiences have made Pat and I more in love…have you stopped gagging yet? I can honestly say, I have the most fun being with him. No one can make me laugh harder or make me sane in insane moments. Plus, there’s no one else I’d want to wake up with bad breath to.
I’d say those are the things that made us happiest this year. We have lots of plans and goals for 2011 but I will save those for another post. In the meantime, I hope everyone has an amazing holiday with all of your family and friends! I know I can’t wait to see what Santa is going to bring me. Hopefully the Barbie dream house I’ve always wanted and never received….Mother!
Kali says rufff ruff ruuuuff, that means Merry Christmas in dog language!